On November 26th at 1900 Wacker-Arena in Burghausen is set to Host an epic International Footballing Showdown. A star studded team of German Football Legends will take on an equally impressive team of English Football Veterans. The two teams met last year in London with a final score of 4-2 to England.... this year, the German team are hoping that the support of a Home crowd can help them to victory.
The German line-up includes Legends such as:
- Thomas Häßler - German Footballer of the Year in both 1989 and 1992, Häßler won both the World Cup and the European Championship whilst racking up 101 caps for Germany
- Thomas Helmer - A favourite at both Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich where he won three Bundesliga titles, Helmer also helped Germany to the European Championships in 1996
- Steffen Freund - Another player with a winner's medal from the 1996 European Championships, Steffen Freund also won the Bundesliga in 1995 and 1996 and the Champions League in 1997 with Borussia Dortmund
- Guido Buchwald - One of Stuttgart's favourite ever players, reaching 325 appearances for the club! He played 76 times for his country and won the World Cup in 1990.
- Thomas Berthold - Another player from the victorious team of 1990, Berthold played 62 times for Germany and enjoyed spells at Bayern Munich and Roma
On the England team are Legends such as:
- David Seaman - England's second most capped Goalkeeper of all time and two time Premier League winner with Arsenal.
- Matt Le Tissier - English Football Hall of Famer who scored 161 goals for Southampton
- Paul Merson - Winner of two First Division titles with Arsenal Ray Parlour - 'The Romford Pele' won three Premier League titles with Arsenal, including being a key part of the 2003-04 side that went the whole season without a single loss
- Mark Wright - Liverpool legend and was in the England Squad for Euro 98 and Italia 90 Rob Lee - 21 England Caps, was in the Euro 98 squad
- Mark Chamberlain - Stoke City and Portsmouth Legend Lee Sharpe - 193 caps for Manchester United
- Lee Hendrie - Aston Villa Legend
Tickets for the match are available for free at the Front Office of the club SV Wacker Burghausen (Franz-Alexander-Straße 7, 84489 Burghausen) or via EMail firstname.lastname@example.org. The football match will be recorded for a television programme and related programming. Come and support your team!