Die Lange Nacht der Münchner Museen is an annual event held in various cities around Germany. For the price of one entrance ticket, members of the public are given access to various museums across the city for an entire night.
In Munich this year, the 20th anniversary event is held on Saturday the 19th Oct, from 7pm to 2am. For the admission price of 15 Eur, you gain access to around 90 participating museums, with the entrance ticket (the Lange Nacht Ticket) also doubling as a travel card for the special shuttle buses (laid on for this event) and MVG services.
Shuttle buses are leaving every 10 mins from Odeonsplatz, heading in various directions across the city.
- Line 90 covers central Munich.
- Line 91 covers Innenstadt (the inner city)
- Line 92 reaches to the west of the city
- Line 93 takes participants through Schwabing
- Line 94 heads to the East of Munich
- Line 95 North (leaves every 20 mins) connects Botantical Gardens, MTU, BMW Museum, FC Bayern Erlebniswelt
Die Lange Nacht der Museen provides a large programme of events across the entire city, including guided tours, light shows, concerts and more. Tickets can be purchased at München Ticket, as well as at a special ticket tent at Odeonsplatz, at the participating museums' ticket counters and also the MVG Kundencenter (site in German) (Marienplatz and Hauptbahnhof).