Live Music in Munich this week
Every week there are dozens of live music concerts in Munich and we at The Munich Eye will keep you informed of upcoming shows. Here are this week's concert picks for those who like it loud and with a bit of an edge:
- Poison Idea - Thursday July 12th, 8pm, EUR12 at the door. Poison Idea, an 80's punk band from Oregon, are playing at the Orange House, which is part of the Feierwerk.
- Incubus - Thursday July 12th, 8pm, EUR33 presale, performance @ Zenith - This popular 90's alternative rock band is still cranking out the hits and still can easily sell out the biggest of Munich's venues, so buy tickets in advance as it most likely will sell out.
- In München Nix Los! - A Munich Punk Statement - Friday July 13th, 7pm, EUR10 at the door @ Feierwerk Kranhalle & Hansa 39 - Punk in Munich CD compilation release party with at least eight local punk bands (with more to be announced) and free sampler CD with entrance.
- Kenny Wayne Sheppard - Friday July 13th, 7pm, buy tickets online for EUR37 (http://www.backstage.eu/) , performing @ Backstage. This platinum selling blues rock guitarist is likely to sell out, so buy tickets early.
- ROCK & POPPEN SummerJam 2012 - Saturday July 14th, 6pm, EUR10 at the door @ Feierwerk Kranhalle & Hansa 39. With the motto of "Indie meets Indietronics," there are 11 bands representing indie, rock, and electronica at this mini-festival.
- Municipal Waste - Tuesday July 17th, 8pm, EUR16 at the door @ Feierwerk Hansa 39. This thrash metal band from Richmond, Virginia, may sell out the venue, so I would make sure to be on time or buy tickets in advance.