Family Home in Flames

Munich. A woman living in her flat caused a fire at Karl-Marx-Ring in Neuperlach. The 74 year old suffered from burns and life threatening smoke poisoning.

The housewife was smoking in her bed and fell asleep with a burning cigarette.

Flames were already pouring out of the balcony door on the 5th floor when the fire brigade arrived on Saturday evening at Karl-Marx-Ring. The fire had spread from the bed into the entire bedroom. The pensioner was brought into hospital with severe injuries and taken to intensive care.

The fire brigade also rescued the woman's pet cat. She was treated with oxygen and given to animal care. The fire spread ash around the whole flat. The damage caused is estimated to be around 70,000 Euro.


German Engineering Jobs
Write a comment ...
Post comment
Cancel