Electric shock: electrician severly injured

Munich. A 27 year old electrician was electrocuted as he was connecting a concrete mixer on a construction site in Garching. He survived, but was severly injured.

When the foreman left the building site at Ernst-Otto-Fischer-Straße for a short time, the 27 year old eletrician attempted to connect the concrete mixer by himself. He wanted to reconnect the power cable for the mixer when one of the tools he was holding touched one of the live wires. The short-circuit caused 460 Volts of electricity to surge through his body. He immediately became unconsious and suffered severe burns on his hands and his face. A rescue helicopter flew the man to intensive care at a nearby hospital. The Police assume that it was the electricians own fault for causing the power cut. There is no evidence of a third party fault.


German Engineering Jobs
Write a comment ...
Post comment
Cancel